Monday, June 11, 2012

WE ARE HOMEOWNERS!!!!!

Today was just awesome!!! I felt like the day of the wedding, but with zero pressure of not saying the wrong thing at the ceremony, or making any weird faces while some family photos were taken :)

I woke up at 7:30am from a dream about the deck we would love to build in our backyard.  I took shower, made coffee, fed our animals, and made breakfast. Finally, I couldn't take the wait anymore and woke up my hubby. It was 45 minutes to our final walk through and I seriously was on pins and needles.

A little background - my hubby has purchased properties before, and this was nothing new to hin, but this was my first home to own, and for me, it was all really special and amazing :)

Our walk-though at 9:30am went well. We found one thing that the inspector did not find - mold on the wall inside the closet behind the basement bathroom. We mentioned it at the closing, but neither one of us cared about anything because we will be ripping that bathroom out anyways. So, when the owners said they are not going to do anything about it, we just thought: Karma, and moved forward :)

The closing took two hours and I signed some 500 pages of papers... I am not joking - I signed a bunch of them when I noticed that my first name (foreign name) was misspelled on one of the pages of the documents.  So, they all needed to be printed again, and I needed to sign them again. 

Aftrer the closing, we ate dinner and went to our new home, and took Ozzy with us.  Ozzy LOVEs our new home, and that's mostly because the sellers did not really clean that well so there were plenty of crumbs to lick off the floors (ewwwww).

We made a quick trip to Home Depot to get new locks, and while Joe was changing them, we met three of our new neighbors.  The older gentleman across the street who played with his station wagon the whole day wearing his t-shirt and boxer shorts - Ed.  The fifty-yo looking lady to our right with the cuttest puffy dog who did not bite Ozzy's face off, Sue.  The father-to-be, and an owner of a caged-outside-cat, and four dogs, Kevin.  All neighbors are super nice, and I think we will be really happy in there, with the exception of Ozzy who likes to show off like there's a new sheriff in town, but is totally outnumbered there. 

So, in short - we definitely got ourselves a fixer upper, but, we love the house projects and our neighborhood is awesome. I love it so much already, I can't wait for us to live there full time, and meet more of our neighbors :)

Ps: I will keep posting pictures and updates as we go. I am so happy, Joe is so happy, Ozzy is so happy... only the cats are screwed :) hahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment